Houston Personal Injury Lawyers & Car Accident Attorneys
Houston Personal Injury Lawyer & Car Accident Attorney Michael P. Fleming is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He knows that personal injury, car accident and wrongful death matters share something in common: successful resolution is a must. For those who have suffered a serious personal injury in an car accident or some other type of situation, this means obtaining the compensation necessary to be able to recover. The purpose of this website is to provide information to those who have been injured do to the negligence of others. If you don’t find the information you need, feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation with a lawyer.
In order to secure that compensation in your personal injury or wrongful death claim, it is critical that you hire an attorney. You need a lawyer who has the skills and experience necessary to resolve your situation, and one who is completely committed to helping you through such a difficult time.
Decades Of Experience In Personal Injury and Car Accident Cases
At the personal injury and car accident injury law firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we offer our clients the quality legal representation they need to be able to effectively face the challenges before them. Our decades of experience in personal injury, car wrecks and wrongful death matters allow us to meet a wide range of needs for our clients.
Founding attorney Michael P. Fleming is a former elected Harris County attorney who has been helping the injured and others facing legal challenges for more than 25 years. During those decades of service to his clients, he has received many recognitions, including:
- Board-certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Not many Houston personal injury lawyers have earned this distinction.
- AV Preeminent peer review rated* for many years through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest available rating
- Being selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers list from 2007 to 2015
- Named among the best lawyers in Houston in H-Texas Magazine’s Top Lawyers in Houston Features for many years
He has argued and won before the United States Supreme Court as well as our local state and federal courts in Houston and throughout Texas.
No Win, No Fee Guarantee
We handle all of our personal injury cases on a percentage basis and do not get paid unless we obtain compensation for you. We front all costs of litigation for the client and our clients do not owe us anything for our time or expenses unless the case is settled or won and money is paid.
Our Legal Practice
At our firm, we offer our exceptional representation to those who have suffered serious injuries in all types of accidents. The most common type of accident that we see in our practice is the motor vehicle accident. In addition to the standard car accident, this includes a wide range of situations, from a pedestrian being struck while walking through a parking lot to an overloaded truck crashing into another vehicle on the highway.
Our lawyers handle other types of cases, including those involving:
- Workplace accidents: If you were injured by a third party, you may be entitled to compensation above and beyond workers’ compensation coverage. We represent injured oil field workers, construction workers and other individuals who have been injured on the job by someone other than their employer or a co-worker. Furthermore, injured workers whose employers do not carry workers’ compensation insurance might be entitled to bring a non-subscriber action against the employer to recover compensation for their serious injuries.
- Car accidents: From car accidents involving drunk drivers to those caused by texting while driving, we help you seek the compensation to which you are entitled.
- Truck accidents: Accidents involving large commercial trucks almost always involve serious injuries and damages. Causes of truck accidents often involve improper maintenance, driver inattention and intoxication.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists have the same rights as everybody else to be on the road but are owed extra consideration by other drivers. The injuries in a motorcycle accident are usually devastating. Contact a board certified specialist for your motorcycle accident injury case today.
- Premises liability: When you are injured on another person’s property, you may be able to hold that person responsible for the costs of your injuries. This is known as a premises liability claim. These commonly include slip-and-fall accidents, injuries caused by inadequate lighting, dog bites and swimming pool accidents.
- Fatal accidents: The loss of a loved one is all the more tragic when the accident could have been prevented. We help families hold negligent parties accountable for the loss of a loved one. This is known as a wrongful death claim, and you can seek compensation for your loved one and your own pain and mental anguish.
- Morcellation Cancer Lawsuits: Thousands of women around the country have been affected by the Laparoscopic Power Morcellator. This device is used for uterine fibroid removal or hysterectomy surgery. The FDA has warned that morcellation devices can worsen uterine cancer such as leiomyosarcoma and endometrial stromal sarcoma. Women who have had surgery in which a morcellator prior to a cancer diagnosis should seek the advice of a board certified trial lawyer immediately.
- Defective airbags causing injuries: Takata airbags are the subject of recalls and an investigation by the government resulting from numerous deaths and injuries caused by metallic fragments blasting out of the airbag during a car crash. Watch Michael P. Fleming’s interview with Fox26 News to discuss the Takata Airbag recall.
- Houston Lesiones Personales y Accidentes Abogados: Si usted ha sido herido en un accidente, póngase en contacto con un especialista en derecho de lesiones personales para manejar su demanda.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents and other Personal Injury Matters
Well-known Houston lawyer Michael P. Fleming has extensive experience handling injury cases. With his knowledge and experience, he can answer your questions such as:
- What do you do after an accident? If you have been injured in an accident, your first priority should be to get medical attention. Even if the injuries seem minor to you, it is important to have your injuries checked by a doctor. Then, if your injuries were the result of another person’s negligence, you should seek advice from a lawyer as soon as possible. The faster you contact an attorney, the better your chances of securing the compensation you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses.
- Who is at fault in your case? Every case is unique, and there may be multiple people or entities responsible for your accident. For example, in a truck accident the driver, the mechanic or the trucking company may be at fault for your injuries. We work diligently to review all of the evidence and build a case against all of the responsible parties so you can secure full and fair compensation for your injuries.
- How much is your case worth? The amount of damages you receive will be specific to your injuries and your expenses. We work with medical experts and other professionals to fully understand the long-term costs of our clients’ injuries. That way, we can pursue the present and future damages that resulted from an injury. This includes compensation to help cover lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, renovations to accommodate a disability and other out-of-pocket costs associated with an injury.
- How do you handle insurance issues? Particularly in car accidents, insurers act quickly to limit their liability. You may receive an offer for a settlement from an insurance company shortly after an accident. It is important that you speak with an attorney before you accept any settlement offer. We can make sure that the offer is fair and that you are receiving the full benefits you are entitled to after the accident.
Visit the FAQ section of our site for more answers to questions about personal injury, car accidents and more. We are committed to providing you with the answers and advice you need.
Contact The Houston Personal Injury Attorneys Of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been injured, you need to choose an attorney with the skill and experience necessary to be able to help you secure the best possible resolution to your situation. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our Houston attorneys, call 713-221-6800, toll free at (888) 529-0018 or contact us online.
We collect no fees until we obtain compensation for you.
Houston Personal Injury & Car Accident Lawyers Serving Clients Throughout Texas