Defective Drug Lawsuit Lawyers
Injuries Caused by Defective Drugs & Medical Products
At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., our defective drug lawyers are committed to helping adults and children who have been harmed by the side-effects of drugs promoted as safe by the large pharmaceutical companies. Many of the conditions caused by these products are life-threatening and fatal. All severely affect the victim's quality of life. If you or a loved one has been affected by the adverse reactions caused by a pharmaceutical drug, contact board certified personal injury trial lawyer Michael P. Fleming now for a free, no-obligation consultation. You might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and condition.
Some of the defective drug cases we are currently accepting are as follows:
- Antidepressant SSRI drugs such as:
- These drugs are known as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors or SSRIs and have been shown to increase the likelihood of heart problems in babies whose mothers used the drugs while pregnant. A six-fold increase in the occurrence of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension in Newborns or PPHN has been demonstrated in the past. There are growing concerns that SSRI's cause heart defects in babies born to mothers who used them while pregnant. Some of the suspected side effects include the following serious heart defects:
- Atrial septal defects (ASD)
- Ventricular septal defects (VSD)
- Tetralogy of fallot (ToF)
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Transposition of the great arteries or vessels (TGA or TOGA)
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return (TAPVR)
- Double outlet right ventricle (DOVR)
- Coarctation of the aorta (CoA).
Also, recent studies have shown that these SSRI Antidepressant drugs can cause Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) when used by women within one year prior to giving birth.
If you have seen the lawyer commercials about the Zoloft lawsuits over baby heart defects, contact one of our Zoloft lawyers today to get your questions answered.
- Pradaxa. This drug is used as an anticoagulant. It has been shown to cause severe internal bleeding.
- Reglan (metoclopramide). Reglan is used for psychiatric and some gastrointestinal disorders. It has been shown to cause tardive dyskinesia - a serious disorder involving involuntary movements of the face and fingers. The symptoms of tardive dyskinesia can remain for many years after use of Reglan stops.
- Accutane (Isotretinoin). The acne drug Accutane has been suspected of causing serious Inflammatory Bowel Disease including Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Actos. The diabetes drug Actos has been shown to cause bladder cancer.
- Trasylol (Aprotinin).Trasylol is a recalled drug that was used during heart surgery. It has been linked with heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure and death following otherwise successful surgery.
- Avandia (Rosiglitazone).Avandia, also known as Rosiglitazone, a drug used for treatment of diabetes, has been linked to serious cardiovascular problems such as heart attacks and strokes.
- Zyban & Wellbutrin. If you used Bupropion (also known by the names Wellbutrin, Zyban, Voxra, Budeprion and Aplenzin) while pregnant, you should know that researchers have found a connection between use of these drugs and serious heart defects in their babies. The study found that babies born to women who used the drug in their first trimester of pregnancy were at an increased risk of developing a serious heart defect known as Left Ventricle Outflow Tract Obstruction (LVOTO) including coarctation of the aorta and hypoplastic left heart.
- Meridia. The manufacturer of the diet drug Meridia (also known by the generic name of sibutramine) has announced the voluntary withdrawal of the product due to concerns over an increased risk of heart attack or stroke.
- DePuy Hip Replacement Implant Recall. This recall involves both the DePuy Acetabular Implant (hip socket) and the Hip Resurfacing System (the partial hip replacement system). There has been a voluntary recall by Johnson & Johnson. The recall was prompted by hundreds of complaints to the FDA regarding failure of the devices.
- Topamax (Topiramate). The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently increased its warning to the public regarding the danger that Topamax and its generic form can caused cleft lips or patates in children whose mothers used the drug while pregnant.
- Fentanyl (Duragesic) Pain Patch Lawsuit. There have been numerous warnings about deaths caused by use of the Fentanyl Transdermal System. Also known as the Fentanyl Pain Patch, this product has been marketed under the brand name of Duragesic and generic forms. Used to help ease sever pain, many people have died while using this device.
- Poligrip & Fixodent Denture Cream Lawsuit. Studies shown that the high levels of zinc in Poligrip and Fixodent Denture Cream products have caused zinc poisoning and copper deficiency in some people. Claims and lawsuits have been brought for compensation for these injuries.
- Vaginal Mesh Defects. The FDA has issued warnings over the failure of Vaginal Mesh Implants. These defective devices can cause serious health problems and require additional surgeries.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAVE BEEN INJURED BY ONE OF THESE DEFECTIVE DRUGS, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT WAITING TOO LONG TO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN DAMAGES DUE TO THE APPLICABLE STATUTE OF LIMITATION.
Accepting defective drug injury cases nationwide: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.