Houston Premises Liability Attorneys
Slip and Fall • Negligent Security • Other Premises Accidents
At Michael P. Fleming & Associates P.C., our Houston personal injury and wrongful death attorneys advocate for individuals who have been injured as a result of negligence on someone else's property. Business owners, homeowners, and commercial property owners are liable for accidents that occur on their property and the resulting injuries. We pursue full compensation on behalf of our clients through commercial liability insurance, homeowners insurance, and other sources of recovery. Contact our Texas law firm to speak with an experienced premises liability lawyer.
Generally, in order to recover for personal injuries on the property of another, an injured victim must show:
- The owner or operator had actual or constructive knowledge of a condition on the premises;
- That the condiditon posed an unreasonable risk of harm;
- That the owner or operator did not exercise reasonable care to reduce or eliminate the risk; and
- That the failure of the owner or operator of the premises to use such care proximately caused the plaintiff's injuries.
Michael P. Fleming, former Harris County Attorney, is one of the very small percentage of lawyers in the country to have argued and won a case before the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He is board certified as a specialist in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization . He is also board certified in Real Estate Law.
While wet floors, debris, and obstacles are the source of many injuries that occur in stores and homes, other premises accidents involve negligent security or other negligence. The personal injury attorneys at our firm represent injured clients who have sustained a back injury, neck injury, hip fracture, head injury, or other serious injury as a result of negligence. Accidents subject to premises liability claims can involve dangerous conditions caused by inadequate maintenance, lack of security, or failure to correct hazards and building code violations on property, including:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall: resulting from liquids or debris on the floor, torn carpet, uneven sidewalks, over-polished slippery floors, or other factors
- Parking lot or parking ramp assaults: resulting from negligent security, inadequate security, negligent lighting, or other business negligence
- Stairwell accidents: resulting from broken or missing handrails, defective stairs, inadequate lighting, or other negligence
- Elevator Accidents: resulting from poor maintenance or neglect.
If you have been injured on someone else's property, you may have a premises liability claim. Our Houston injury lawyers listen to you describe the accident, investigate and analyze your case, and explain your options for pursuing compensation. Contact our premises liability attorneys at the Michael P. Fleming & Associates law firm for a free case analysis.