Houston Premises Liability Attorneys
Slip And Fall • Negligent Security • Other Premises Accidents
At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., our Houston personal injury and wrongful death attorneys advocate for individuals who have been injured as a result of negligence on someone else's property. Business owners, homeowners and commercial property owners are liable for accidents that occur on their property and the resulting injuries and damages. We pursue full compensation on behalf of our clients through commercial liability insurance, homeowners insurance and other sources of recovery. Contact our Texas law firm to speak with an experienced premises liability lawyer.
Generally, in order to recover for personal injuries on the property of another, an injured victim must show that:
- The owner or operator had actual or constructive knowledge of a condition on the premises
- The condition posed an unreasonable risk of harm
- The owner or operator did not exercise reasonable care to reduce or eliminate the risk
- The failure of the owner or operator of the premises to use such care proximately caused the plaintiff's injuries.
Michael P. Fleming, former Harris County Attorney, is one of the very few lawyers in the country to have argued and won a case before the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He is Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization .
While wet floors, debris and obstacles are the source of many injuries that occur in stores and homes, other premises accidents involve negligent security or other negligence. The personal injury attorneys at our firm represent injured clients who have sustained back injury, neck injury, hip fracture, head injury or other serious injury as a result of negligence. Accidents subject to premises liability claims can involve dangerous conditions caused by inadequate maintenance, lack of security, or failure to correct hazards and building code violations on property, including:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall: Resulting from liquids or debris on the floor, torn carpet, uneven sidewalks, over-polished slippery floors or other factors
- Parking lot or parking ramp assaults: Resulting from negligent security, inadequate security, negligent lighting or other business negligence such as valet drivers or negligence in parking garages.
- Stairwell accidents: Resulting from broken or missing handrails, defective stairs, inadequate lighting or other negligence
- Elevator accidents: Resulting from poor maintenance or neglect.
- Falling Object Injury Lawyers: Merchandise or materials falling from store shelves or construction sites cause serious injuries and death.
If you have been injured on someone else's property, you may have a premises liability claim. Our Houston injury lawyers will listen to you describe the accident, investigate and analyze your case, and explain your options for pursuing compensation. Contact our premises liability attorneys at the law firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., for a free case analysis.