Houston Business Litigation Lawyers
Tort Defense Lawyers • Contract Disputes • Civil Litigation
A contract dispute, accusation of fraud or breach of fiduciary duty can have the effect of putting your business on hold until the matter is resolved. At the Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. business litigation law firm, we understand your need to turn such matters over to business litigation attorneys you can trust.
We represent numerous companies and individuals in business lawsuit disputes in the state and federal courts. Whether breach of contract, non-compete, employment disputes or other issues, we are ready to protect your interests.
Well-known Houston litigation lawyer, Michael P. Fleming, former Harris County Attorney is board certified in personal injury trial law and Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer for years and his firm is A/V rated by Martindale - Hubbell. The firm has been recognized in H-Texas Magazine's Top Attorneys feature and Mr. Fleming is one of the very small percentage of attorneys in the country to have argued - and won - a case before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Contact a Business Litigation Attorney
Your Advocate in the Courtroom
Experience and Service
At our law firm, we have the experience it takes to defend your company against unwarranted attacks or to take action to protect the interests of your officers, employees, and shareholders. If your company has been sued or threatened with litigation, it is important that you contact business litigation attorneys immediately to protect your interests. Likewise, if your company has been the victim of misconduct by another company or individual, it is important that you act promptly and obtain counsel to protect the interests of your business. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., our attorneys have experience to protect the rights of your company in state or federal court in any of the following areas:
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts
- Partnership Disputes/Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trade Secret Disputes
- Employment Litigation : If your company is dealing with accusations of discrimination or unfair labor practices, protect your business. Michael P. Fleming has handled and tried employment law defense cases, including an important Fair Labor Standards Act case that he argued and won before the Supreme Court of the United States. If your company is facing allegations of discrimination and or unfair labor practices, call Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. today.
- Overtime Claims: If you worked over 40 hours per week without being paid overtime or if you company is facing such claims, contact us today.
- Covenants Not to Compete: If your company has an employee who has left your company and is now competing in violation of a contract not to compete, you should act quickly to preserve your rights and prevent the violation.
- Mediation: Michael P. Fleming is also a certified mediator and can assist in mediating your dispute.
- Special Appearance - Objection to Jurisdiction. If you are out of state and have been named in a Texas lawsuit, we can object to jurisdiction for you. We have helped clients do this in the state courts.
The civil litigation process can be intimidating. When the legal matter your business is facing is important, make sure you have an experienced business litigation lawyer who has the time to discuss your situation with you, explain your options, and represent you. Contact the business litigation attorneys at the Michael P. Fleming & Associates, PC. law firm. We accept cases throughout Texas.
Some Trials by Mr. Fleming:
- Business Litigation - Directed verdict during trial in favor of client company in case alleging faulty business equipment.
- Employment Litigation - Won Fair Labor Standards Act case before the Supreme Court of the United States and saved his client tens of millions of dollars.
- Employment Litigation - Successful jury trial defending public employee accused of sexual harassment.
- Employment Litigation - Successful trial and jury verdict defending First Amendment Cases.
- Employment Litigation - Successful trial defending county in whistleblower case.
- Business Litigation - Successful trial verdict in breach of contract case resulting in his client being awarded damages, interest, costs and attorneys fees.
- Real Estate Contract Litigation - Sued sellers of real estate and obtained judgment for fraud, emotional distress, conspiracy and punitive damages.